Sunday, December 26, 2010

This Christmas

Last Christmas..
I barely recall anything significant.

This year's Christmas was very meaningful. I spent it with a homely dinner with friends and people who are family to me. I had presents ready! 

It has been a busy week even through Christmas with work and whatnots, I left Christmas shopping to the very last day, before the dinner. I managed to stroll thru the retail outlets in KLCC while at my KL office during lunch and got a couple of presents all wrapped up with a little note from yours truly :)

In case one does wonder, I don't celebrate Christmas but I believe in the spirit of gathering friends and family for an occasion like this. If you would trust me, it's priceless.

The dinner was hosted by a dear friend of mine. Attendance was full with people with multi background. It was a small party and I enjoyed throughout. I got a nice gift as well when we had a gift exchange.
I was excited for a fact there's a turkey!  Hahaha. Well, it's only served once a year.
I thought to myself- Boy, that bird is huge.

Later on, had adjourned to some red wine whilst chatting about anything under the sun. Small talk that probably no one would remember...

I headed back in one piece. Got to my apartment, took off my shirt and headed off to bed.    As I was falling into deep sleep, I recalled - Silent Night. It was a peaceful thing to be honest. I'm only feeling a little void (that void used to be alot bigger), the thought of it drifted around. I sighed to myself, imaginatively slapped myself to sleep. Sad case.


Before Monday comes, Happy Boxing Day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Glad that you enjoyed those moments of gathering. Me on the other hand, spent yesterday and today with my mom and sis, my family.

    No presents, but happy to see them.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's excellent ya know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to have friends to gather around with. How about a New Year's Eve? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Savante; Heya! New Year's eve went well :) Was behaving myself :P

    ReplyDelete